The RN Series interface modules power the foundation of measurement instrument loops and safety instrumented systems built on the widely used analogue process control infrastructure.
The intrinsically safe signal processing and conditioning devices (up to SIL 2 (SC 3) in accordance with IEC 61508) ensure reliable power supply and safe operations in hazardous areas, establishing a trusted signal link between field instruments and the process control level.
Smart functions such as NAMUR signal conversion, line fault monitoring, galvanic signal isolation, signal doubling, output signal amplification with bi-directional HART transparency give operators control and flexibility in systems of any scale, protecting assets and safe-guarding data signal integrity in the process.
The RN Series at a glance:
- RN22: (RN42*): active/passive barrier; signal doubler
- RLN22: (RLN42*): NAMUR isolating amplifier
- RNO22: output isolating amplifier
- RNB22: system power supply (single or redundant)
- RNF22: feed-in and error message module
* Variant for wide range power supply (24-230V AC/DC), available in Q4 2021.
Typical application scenarios:
2- and 4-wire (4 to 20 mA) instruments (e.g. Cerabar PMP71, Proline 200/300, ModuLine TM131, …)
- RN22 active barrier, sensor supply with HART transparency
Data managers (e.g. Memograph M RSG45)
- RN22 signal doubler
Point level switches (e.g. Liquiphant FTL51)
- RLN22 or RLN42 NAMUR isolating amplifier
Active components (e.g. control valves, actuators)
- RNO22 isolating output amplifier
RNB22 230 V/110 VAC to 24 VDC system power supply
- RNF22 feed-in and error message module, redundant power supply
Seamless system integration
All RN Series interface modules perfectly integrate with Endress+Hauser instruments, and work equally seamlessly with instruments from other vendors. The compact, space-saving housings with up to two channels on 12.5 mm are plug-and-play ready for standard DIN rails and control cabinets.
The multi-platform T-connector bus system ensures fast and easy commissioning and interoperability with compatible interface vendors.
The RN Series promotes simplicity every step of the way: from easy selection and supply, to installation, commissioning, service and troubleshooting. Independent of the industry, our customers benefit from a single source partnership at all stages of the measuring device and process loop life cycle.
For more information about the RN Series interface components, please visit us at