The Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR), with all its components such Industry 4.0, Artificial Intelligence in all its formats and the Internet of Things (IoT) appears to be the main trending discussion in industry. In the EngineerIT May 2021 panel discussion we are focussing or AI and its impact on the world of work. Four panellist share their views on three main topics:
- What is the future of work in an AI world?
- How should industry prepare for an AI world? and
- What is the way forward for people whose jobs are displaced?
Key take outs:
- One cannot talk about AI without including Machine Learning (ML) in the discussion.
- AI is not coming for your job, but it will transform the world of work.
- Reskilling is an empty world unless business takes it seriously.
- With the world changing under your feet, you as an individuals also need to take responsibility and embrace the new world of work.
Join the conversation